Product: Encyclopedia Britannica Website (Consumer)
Role: Product Manager / Owner / Director
Client: Encyclopedia Britannica (Consumer)
Market/Type: Education, Reference, Gaming, Media
Encyclopedia Britannica’s commitment to rigor, research, fact-checking, and editing is the prevailing reason they remain the pivotal place of knowledge; celebrating students and lifelong learners. The product enabled users to explore over 250-years of fact-checked, insightful articles, biographies, and interactive features, curated from the rich knowledge of leading contributors from around the globe and thoroughly vetted with a meticulous editorial process.
My role as Director of Consumer Products was to manage a multi-discplined team in executing on the vision, roadmap, direction and daily execution I provided for the 50+ individuals resourced on Britannica.com.
The team consisted of Product Managers, User Experience Designers, User Researchers, Visual Designers, Front End / Back End Developers, Quality Assurance Testors, Technology/Systems Leads, Editorial & Content Strategists, Analytics, SEO, AdOps and Marketing/Social.
The work on Britannica.com included optimizations, enhancements and redesigns in order to modernize, monetize and insure high performance across Desktop/Tablet/Mobile, SEO, AdOps and UX/UI. The product was driven by human centered design princicples via design sprints, A/B testing and analytics in order to maximize user and business impact.
As the Product Manager I developed project timelines, gathered requirements to successfully meet key milestones, staffed and budged, analyzed and reported project information to stakeholders cross departmentally for concise communications. Performance metrics available upon request.
As Director of Consumer Products I worked on the go-to-market strategies, line extensions and profitibitily/revenue for multiple Consumer products. This role oversaw these products:
- Britannica.com (Portfolio | Website)
- Kids.Britannica.com (Portfolio | Website)
- Encyclopedia Britannica iOS App (Website)
- Britannica Kids Apps iOS Apps (5) (Website)
- Guardians of History Alexa/Google Voice App (Portfolio | Website)
- Curiosity Compass (Portfolio | Website)
- Britannica Insights Browser Extension (Portfolio | Website)
- Britannica Newsletters (Website)
- Britannica Knowledge Experts (Website)
- Samsung Bixby / Britannica Integration (Website)
- YouTube / Britannica Integration (Website)